April 2022 Content Wrap-Up
With masks no longer required on the major airlines, it feels like things are finally getting back to normal. I made one double-trip in April, traveling to Arlington, Virginia for team meetings and quarterly offsite, followed by a quick hop between coasts to attend SMB TechFest in Irvine, California before heading back home to Utah (and missing a couple inches of snow while I was gone). Aside from a couple sick days, it was a fruitful month with lots of content, some great customer and partner calls, and some big plans for the second half of the year.
And here we are in May already. Wow. This week has me presenting to the IAMCP Virtual Chapter on the topic of leveraging the partner channel to extend your business, and a return to the M365 Virtual Event with 20 of my favorite M365 productivity tips. Mid-month I’ll be heading to Dallas for my second IT Nation Evolve event, where AvePoint will be hosting a lunch-and-learn and dinner event, as well as exhibiting. I could be back out on the east coast toward the end of the month, or into early June depending on schedules. Otherwise, you’ll find me online hosting Office 365 Hours sessions on the 1st and 3rd Wednesday mornings, and joining Dux Raymond Sy and Sam Valme to host a LinkedIn Live audio program on our weekly #P2Pnow content drops, always at noon Eastern each Friday.
As for content, here’s what I produced in April:
Yes, I have been posting a lot of short videos with the #M365AMA panel crew, but I am trying to get back into writing more longer-form content. With much of my focus shifting to channel topics and partner onboarding, you’ll likely see a shift in themes. Of course, you’ll always see the occasional posts about migration, governance, and collaboration culture.
- 3 Simple Ways Partners Can Accelerate Cloud Adoption [AvePoint]
- Avoid These 5 Mistakes When Managing Microsoft 365 [AvePoint | YouTube]
- The Need for Cloud Backup with Microsoft 365 [buckleyPLANET]
- What is the Value of Community? [buckleyPLANET]
- What Has Been The Impact of The Consumerization of IT? [buckleyPLANET]
- 10 Insights into the Evolution of Collaboration [buckleyPLANET]
- Pushing through your Governance Fatigue [buckleyPLANET]
I took a brief break on podcast recordings, but don’t worry — more guests have been booked, and the series will continue. With travel increasing, I don’t know that I’ll stick with CollabTalk podcasts every Friday, but all episodes will be posted on Fridays. However, there will never be a shortage of MVPbuzzChat interviews. Always lots of interest, and I average 5 to 6 episodes pre-recorded at any time. With new MVPs joining the program each month and old-timers occasionally passing through, as well, I don’t think I’ll have a problem continuing with these posts every Monday.
- CollabTalk Podcast | Episode 51 with Norm Young [buckleyPLANET | podcast]
- CollabTalk Podcast | Episode 52 with Tarush Aggarwal [buckleyPLANET | podcast]
- CollabTalk Podcast | Episode 53 with Richard Harbridge [buckleyPLANET | podcast]
- How a Microsoft MVP is Managing Diabetes Using the Power Platform with Haniel Croitoru [AvePoint | YouTube]
- What Does Learning Look Like in the Hybrid Workplace? with Kirsty McGrath [AvePoint | YouTube]
- #MVPbuzzChat with Andreas Schlüter [blog | video | podcast]
- #MVPbuzzChat with Elkhan Yusubov [blog | video | podcast]
- #MVPbuzzChat with Azure McFarlane [blog | video | podcast]
- #MVPbuzzChat with Thiago Custódio [blog | video | podcast]
The monthly CollabTalk TweetJam series continues! This past month forced on the topic of cyber-security and ransomware, and we had some great engagement. Check out my post-tweetjam interview with long-time friend and tweetjam participant, Tobiasz Koprowski based in the UK. He works in the trenches on these security issues, and had some great insights into how companies can better protect themselves.
- Best Practices for Mitigating Cyber Threats [buckleyPLANET]
- Community Feedback on Ransomware [buckleyPLANET | YouTube]
Another series with a seemingly endless amount of content is the #P2Pnow series that I have been doing alongside AvePoint’s Director of Partner Experience, Sam Valme. Sam and I take turns hosting various channel-related topics in short, concise videos + blog posts that we publish to the AvePoint blog every Thursday morning. As mentioned above, we then discuss each week’s topics, joined by Dux, during the Friday (noon Eastern) #P2Pnow Live! session via LinkedIn audio. If you’re interested in listening to the discussion — or joining in on the discussion — you can find the details on the AvePoint page on LinkedIn each week.
- How Should You Align Your Marketing Strategies with AvePoint? [AvePoint | YouTube]
- A Quick Overview of the Microsoft Partner Network [AvePoint | YouTube]
- How Important Are Microsoft Certifications for Partners? [AvePoint | YouTube]
- What are Good Partner Margins? [AvePoint | YouTube]
The AMA’s are going strong. In fact, I have two more sessions that have not yet gone through post-production. If you’ve not yet seen the series, check out the first link below which captures all of the community questions we’ve addressed. Of course, the list below includes a number of questions answered AFTER that post. I’m thinking about adding a searchable list to the top nav of my blog. If you have any questions you would like the panel to address, please send them my way.
- #M365AMA questions answered…so far [buckleyPLANET]
- How can I improve the searchability of a SharePoint document library? #M365AMA [buckleyPLANET | YouTube]
- Is there a File Server-like interface for SharePoint? #M365AMA [buckleyPLANET | YouTube]
- Should I move to Windows 11? #M365AMA [buckleyPLANET | YouTube]
- Can you move a Teams channel from private to public? #M365AMA [buckleyPLANET | YouTube]
- Can I register for an Outlook Calendar event through SharePoint? #M365AMA [buckleyPLANET | YouTube]
- Can I create a fillable PDF within Microsoft Teams? #M365AMA [buckleyPLANET | YouTube]
- How can I make a pie chart from a SharePoint list? #M365AMA [buckleyPLANET | YouTube]
- Should I buy Office 365 or stay with G-Suite? #M365AMA [buckleyPLANET | YouTube]
- How do you manage storage for SharePoint Online users? #M365AMA [buckleyPLANET | YouTube]
- After removing an eDiscovery hold, why can’t I delete my SharePoint site? #M365AMA [buckleyPLANET | YouTube]
- Why does OneDrive continually ask for permissions? #M365AMA [buckleyPLANET | YouTube]
- What is the best folder structure for Teams and SharePoint? #M365AMA [buckleyPLANET | YouTube]
And, as always, there were a couple self-promoting posts. Shocker.
- March 2022 Content Wrap-Up [buckleyPLANET]
- Upcoming Events [buckleyPLANET]
- Podcast Goals [buckleyPLANET]
That’s it for April. Lots more happening in May. Have a good one, people.