Measuring Employee Wellbeing
Are employee wellbeing metrics part of your organizational KPIs? With so many companies feeling the brunt of “the Great Resignation,” the idea of focusing on the health and wellbeing of employees — as well as productivity and engagement — seems to finally be permeating into our organizations. Burnout and “Zoom fatigue” are very real, and companies who do not track, measure, and take action on employee wellbeing will find themselves culturally at a competitive disadvantage. Prioritizing the employee experience (#EXP) builds a healthy workplace culture, and reinforces employee trust in management — and satisfaction in their roles.
In the next #CollabTalk TweetJam taking place on Tuesday, March 22nd at 9am PDT (UTC -7), the community will once again join forces and have a focused discussion on the topic of “Insights and Analytics Around Employee Wellbeing” to discuss the factors that influence the employee experience, the risks of not focusing on employee wellbeing, and strategies for tracking, measuring, and improving employee wellbeing. In this 1-hour Twitter-based panel discussion, we’ll bring together MVPs and Regional Directors, community experts, partners, consultants, and practitioners to share their perspectives on this important topic.
Anyone can join this community discussion using Twitter and the #CollabTalk hashtag or your favorite Twitter platform. You don’t even need to be an “expert” to participate in the online conversation. Anyone can ask questions, comment on the questions posed, or just “lurk” in the background. These online discussions are open to anyone — you do not have to be on the panel to participate.
As always, this month’s tweetjam is being sponsored by tyGraph and AvePoint. Thanks for your support!
If you have never participated in one of these tweetjams, it’s pretty simple: anyone can jump in and share their thoughts, or just lurk in the wings and absorb the wisdom of the crowd. Either way, it’ll be a TON of content to consume in a single hour. You can follow the live session using the Twitter UI of your choice (Twitter.com, Hootsuite, Tweetdeck, whatever). How it works is that I’ll post a series of questions every few minutes, and people will respond to Q1, Q2, Q3 and so forth with A1, A2, A3, always including the #CollabTalk hashtag with their answers. Feel free to reply as often (or as little) as you’d like, ask your own follow up questions, share relevant links, re-tweet others, and engage with the audience.
The questions we will discuss during the session include:
- Within the modern workplace, what are the primary factors that influence wellbeing?
- How does your organization track and measure employee wellbeing today?
- What are the leading risks for employee wellbeing, and how does (or should) your organization mitigate those risks?
- What is the difference between productivity and engagement, and how does your organization view each?
- What is the role of community and collaboration in your organizational strategy for employee wellbeing?
- How can organizations leverage technology to maintain or improve employee wellbeing?
- When building an employee wellbeing strategy, what 3 factors should organizations include within their planning?
As always, there will be side questions, side conversations, and wise-cracking throughout. This is open to the public, so please join in the discussion! The dialog is always thought-provoking and fun.
Participating on this panel (so far):
- Dean Swann (@sdeanswann), Office Apps & Services MVP, modern workplace value realization – offering lead at Avanade
- Craig Jahnke (@techJahnke), co-founder Chicago Power Platform User Group, co-chair M365 Chicago, customer engineer at Microsoft
- Heather Severino (@HeatherSeverino), Office Apps & Services MVP, MCT Regional Lead, MOS Master, MCP, MT and owner at TeachUTech
- Raphael Koellner (@ra_koellner), Office Servers & Services MVP, consultant at Bechtle IT-Systemhouse Cologne
- Fátima Blancas Velázquez (@JaydithBV), Office Apps & Services MVP and ceo of iTProve Corporation
- Adam Deltinger (@deltanr1), Microsoft MVP and senior consultant @Atea Sverige
- Martina Grom (@magrom), co-founder of atwork.at, Office 365 MVP and Microsoft Regional Director
- Simon Denton (@buildbod), Office Apps & Services MVP, visiting professor at Birmingham City University, and business architect at Mott MacDonald
- Suzanne George (@spgenie), Microsoft Regional Director, MCTS, and partner – modern workplace & experience leader at PwC
- Daniel Glenn (@danielglenn), Microsoft MVP, senior director of hybrid office & US operations at Creospark
- Sharon Weaver (@sharoneweaver), Microsoft Regional Director, consultant, trainer and ceo of Smarter Consulting
- John White (@diverdown1964), dual SharePoint and Data Platform MVP, cto at UnlimitedViz and tyGraph
- Shari Oswald (@shortcutshari), co-founder and productivity evangelist at PowerUP! Learning
- Mike Nelson (@mikenelsonIO), Datacenter Management MVP and solution architect at Pure Storage
- Stacy Deere-Strole (@sldeere), SharePoint MVP and owner of Focal Point Solutions
- Ben Stegink (@benstegink), SharePoint, Office 365 and Azure consultant, owner of Intelligink, LLC
- Richard Harbridge (@rharbridge), SharePoint MVP and cto of 2toLead
- Adam Ball (@AdamCBall), co-founder of COUCUG, Teams and Skype for Business MVP
- Norm Young (@stormin_30), Office Apps & Services MVP, director of collaborative analytics at UnlimitedViz
- Jay Leask (@jayleask), Office Apps & Services MVP and US federal director, strategic accounts & solutions for AvePoint Public Sector
- Hal Hostetler (@TVWizard), Microsoft MVP and senior field engineer and social media coordinator for Roland, Schorr & Tower
- Eric Riz (@rizinsights), SharePoint MVP and ceo of Empty Cubicle
- Ed Senez (@edsenez), president at UnlimitedViz and tyGraph
- Matt Varney (@thevarnish), intranet manager at KCTCS
- Nati Papirovitch (@NatiPapirovitch), SharePoint and Office 365 MVP, productivity specialist at U-BTech Solutions LTD
- David Patrick (@DavidEPatrick), Office Apps & Services MVP, user group organizer, subject matter expert with DSA, Inc.
- Toni Pohl (@atwork), founder & cto of atwork, cloud consultant, Microsoft MVP
- Kevin McDonnell (@kevmcdonk), senior technical architect at Ballard Chalmers
- Ragnar Heil (@ragnarh), Office Servers & Services MVP and Microsoft alliance manager EMEA for Metalogix
- Ryan Schouten (@ShrPntKnight) Office Apps & Services MVP, MCT, and senior technical consultant at Xilio
- Paul Dredge (@MrPaulDredge), Office Apps & Services MVP and head of technical at Hable
- Kurt Kragh Sørensen (@KurtKragh), intranet consultant and owner of IntraTeam.com
- Mike Maadarani (@mikemaadarani), Office Apps & Services MVP, cloud solution architect at MCM Consulting
- and your host, Christian Buckley (@buckleyplanet), Microsoft MVP & RD, #CollabTalk founder, brand alliance director at AvePoint
If you would like to be included on one of these panels, please drop me a line via email, LinkedIn, or Twitter. And thank you again to tyGraph for your support of these CollabTalk tweetjams! And finally, if you are interested in being a sponsor of a future tweetjam, please contact me.
We’ll be back on April 28th with another CollabTalk TweetJam focusing on “Protecting Yourself and Your Data From Ransomware” so be sure to follow me (@buckleyplanet) for news and updates.
[…] Measuring Employee Wellbeing [buckleyPLANET] […]