CollabTalk Podcast | Episode 49
For Episode 49 of the CollabTalk Podcast, the conversation focused on the topic of the evolution of collaboration and whether or not the fundamentals of intranets have changed. You can listen to the podcast above and follow me using your favorite app, such as Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Soundcloud, or the iHeartRadio app. Be sure to subscribe!
Joining me on this podcast:
- Sue Hanley (@susanhanley), a Microsoft MVP, Information Architect, and Independent Consultant with Susan Hanley LLC, based in Bethesda, Maryland (when not hanging out with family in Southern California or Park City, Utah). She is an expert in knowledge management, portals, and collaboration with a focus on Microsoft SharePoint. [LinkedIn]
A bit more detail on the topics covered in this episode:
- Have the fundamentals of collaboration changed? [2:44]
- Are we still seeing the same patterns, the same struggles, with customers around intranets and collaboration? [6:26]
- Is “on-prem” still a thing? [9:28]
- Why is there so much sprawl within modern collaboration? How have we not solved that yet? [13:49]
- Governance means “no sharp edges” [16:44]
- Good information architecture reduces the need for, or the complexity of, migrations (and constant content cleanup) [20:58]
- One of the fundamentals that remains true: understand the big picture before trying to design and build [25:41]
Enjoy this week’s episode, and be sure to subscribe for more content like this every Friday, as well as interviews with Microsoft MVPs and Regional Directors every Monday. Thanks for listening!