CollabTalk Podcast | Episode 25
For Episode 25, we discussed what it takes to build community in the modern era, and shared some of our best practices for community building — whether an internal user group, or a global movement. You can listen to the podcast above and follow me using your favorite app, such as Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Soundcloud, or the iHeartRadio app. Be sure to subscribe!
Joining me on this podcast:
- Jon Levesque (@JonJLevesque), Lead Product Evangelist at DocuSign, and the former Sr. Platform Evangelist for the Power Platform at Microsoft, based in Bellevue, Washington. [LinkedIn, Blog, YouTube]
A bit more detail on the topics covered in this episode:
- How did you get started in community? [4:25]
- In a post-covid world, what is the future for in-person events? [8:12]
- Some thoughts on ways that “hybrid” events can improve to provide value to both in-person and online attendees [10:42]
- What will be the impacts of SPSevents.org shutting down? Do we need a central location for community events? [15:57]
- What are the necessary tools for building a community? [22:59]
- The struggles of trying to get Microsoft and other large companies, who benefit greatly from there being a community, to participate in and support the community [32:48]
- What are your best practices for growing community, whether locally, regionally, or globally? [38:00]
Additionally, you can find the video of this interview here, and find out more about the #CollabTalk TweetJams and how to participate here.
Enjoy this week’s episode, and be sure to subscribe for more content like this every Friday, as well as interviews with Microsoft MVPs and Regional Directors every Monday. Thanks for listening!