September 2021 Content Wrap-Up
Another month has gone by, and it’s time for another Content Wrap-Up! Here we are one month into the 90-day content frenzy! I am blogging once per day on this site, plus contributing to the AvePoint blog and a couple other outside sources. I’ve also settled in on a cadence with the CollabTalk Podcast with new shows published every Friday, #MVPbuzzChat interviews every Monday, my Office 365 Hours (#O365hours) broadcast on the 1st and 3rd Wednesday, monthly #M365AMA live streams on the 2nd Wednesday, monthly #CollabTalk TweetJams followed by a ‘Takeaways’ interview with one of the participants, and other online (and soon in-person) activities throughout.
Yes, it’s a lot of work, but you kind of get into a rhythm — and it is a lot easier if you have a plan and a schedule.
Aside from the recurring shows, I participated in a couple webinars this past month. I joined AvePoint SVP of Business Development & Distribution, Scott Sacket (@scottsacket), for a well-attended Redmond Channel Partner (@rcpmag) webinar entitled “4 Ways to Secure Your Customer’ Collaboration Systems and Drive Value” and then joined SVP of ACS & Product Strategy, Kate Faaland, on a webinar entitled “Elevate Your Email and File Migration Approach to Ensure M365 Transformation Success.” Both great topics, and I’m excited to get more involved in some evangelism activities again, but will be spending more of my time helping to ramp up our channel business. So if you are an AvePoint partner, or thinking about becoming a partner, and want to talk about joint marketing activities, please connect with me.
I’ve also taken over management of the AvePoint Community Champions program and will be expanding that over the next year. Some big things happening there, so stay tuned!
Looking at October, I’m still on the fence about driving out to Seattle for a week to see friends, family, and my AvePoint and Microsoft peers. There’s just so much happening these days that it’s difficult to justify taking time away from the home office, no matter how much I miss in-person events. Speaking of events, the next up for me is the aMS Southeast Asia 2021 event on October 15-16. This is my first time participating as a speaker, and I am looking forward to presenting on Planner, Project, and DevOps.
Another big announcement is a new channel-centric vlog/blog series being launched sometime this month called #P2Pnow. I am working with Sam Valme, Director of Global Partner Experience at AvePoint, to build out content around of the most common questions from our channel partners, delivered in a short, to-the-point format with resources to find out more. This will be another weekly content drop. That’s right, yet another thing I’ve signed myself up for. But it’s all good.
Other than that, more daily blogs, I’ll be attending a couple online events, and trying to make my way to some in-person events here locally.
Here’s the content that I delivered in September:
Friday drops of the CollabTalk Podcast
It feels like I’ve been doing my CollabTalk Podcast for a long, long time…but it’s only been 25 episodes. The bulk of my podcasting has been MVP interviews, which are a blast to do, but I thoroughly enjoy these long-form discussions on specific topics. I still try to bring a fun, energetic, and casual style to my interviews while discussing the convergence of technology, business productivity, and collaboration culture within modern work. Look for an expansion of topics and guests from inside and increasingly outside the Microsoft ecosystem. some of you may not know this, but I spent half of my career outside of the Microsoft ecosystem, building project management, collaboration, and supply chain solutions, and I plan to reach into my extended network more often. If you have not yet subscribed in your favorite podcast platform, please do so!
- CollabTalk Podcast | Episode 25 with Jon Levesque [buckleyPLANET]
- CollabTalk Podcast | Episode 24 with John White [buckleyPLANET]
- CollabTalk Podcast | Episode 23 with Art Close [buckleyPLANET]
- CollabTalk Podcast | Episode 22 with Sean McDonough and Geoff Varosky [buckleyPLANET]
Monday drops of the #MVPbuzzChat interview series
Of course, most people are aware of this MVP interview series, which continues to expand. I current have episode scheduled through mid-December.
- #MVPbuzzChat with Jay Leask [blog | video | podcast]
- #MVPbuzzChat with Dujon Walsham [blog | video | podcast]
- #MVPbuzzChat with Mihaela Ghidersa [blog | video | podcast]
- #MVPbuzzChat with Sean McAvinue [blog | video | podcast]
Monthly #CollabTalk TweetJam on Community Building
We are quickly approaching our 10 year anniversary of the CollabTalk TweetJam (in January), and we always have open arms to anyone interested in participating. Next up on October 22nd at 9am PDT will be the topic “Staying Productive in a Multi-Tenant, Multi-Cloud World.” Should be an interesting discussion.
- What Does It Take To Build Community? [buckleyPLANET]
- Community Feedback on…well, Community [buckleyPLANET | YouTube]
- What is the #CollabTalk TweetJam? [buckleyPLANET]
- 3 Steps to Building Community [buckleyPLANET]
Bi-Monthly Office 365 Hours (#O365hours) series
We are playing catch up with the blog posts on past episode, but going forward you will find our live show on the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month at 8am Pacific with a blog summary the follow Friday with the video embedded and links to guest details. If you have any topics you’d like to see/hear, or guests to consider, please drop me an email at christian.buckley at avepoint.com
- Discussing the Evolving World of Microsoft 365 Analytics w/ Ed Senez [AvePoint blog | YouTube]
- How to Create the Perfect Microsoft Teams Setup for Education w/Laurent Carlier [AvePoint blog | YouTube]
- Discussing the Microsoft 365 Principles of Retention w/ Joanne Klein [AvePoint blog | YouTube]
Monthly #M365AMA live stream panel discussion
I can’t remember what episode we’re on now that we moved from weekly to monthly, but these live stream Ask-Me-Anything panels are a blast to do, and we always attempt to answer at least 15 to 20 community questions. Out next live stream will be Wednesday, October 13th at 9am Pacific, so be sure to block the time and check it out. And if you have questions about Microsoft 365, let us know and we will try to answer them on the air.
Various Business and Technology Topics
As per usual, my blogging patterns do not typically follow a specific content strategy, but have more to do with what I am currently thinking about, working on, or interested in. For example, I saw the announcement about Microsoft’s new Employee Experience assessment and knew I needed to write about it.
- Evangelism is about Building Advocacy [buckleyPLANET]
- What Drives Effective Collaboration in the Hybrid Workplace? [CMSWire]
- Microsoft’s Employee Experience (XP) Maturity Assessment Tool [buckleyPLANET]
- Expanding The Post-Mortem [buckleyPLANET]
- Renaming in Office 365 [buckleyPLANET]
- Predictions for the Digital Workplace [buckleyPLANET]
- A Business Analysis Approach to Change Management [buckleyPLANET]
- Understanding the Microsoft 365 Task Ecosystem [buckleyPLANET]
- Transitioning to the New Normal [buckleyPLANET]
- What is the state of Information Governance in your organization? [buckleyPLANET]
- Why the Key to Productivity is Business Process Automation [AvePoint blog]
- Creating a Template for Creativity [buckleyPLANET]
AvePoint webinar on migration & aligned topics
I spent many years focused on migration and governance, having worked with a number of ISVs with tools in both categories. I enjoyed my webinar with Kate and digging back into migration as a topic. In the days leading up to the webinar, as we were organizing the slides for our short (30 min) webinar, I penned a few different related blog posts.
- Elevate Your Email and File Migration Approach to Ensure M365 Transformation Success [AvePoint on-demand]
- 10 Considerations for a SharePoint Transformation [buckleyPLANET]
- Some Thoughts on Preparing for Organizational Transformation [buckleyPLANET]
- When Planning Your Migration, Focus on Employee Productivity [buckleyPLANET]
- How to Build a Hybrid Workplace Through Organizational Transformation [AvePoint blog]
- M365 Transformation from On-Prem to the Cloud [buckleyPLANET]
AvePoint channel-centric webinar
This webinar is more geared toward the channel, and specifically, AvePoint partners (or those interested in partnering with us), and I have not yet written any related blog posts — but I plan to. In fact, I should have an AvePoint blog post published within the next week or so. But with my new #P2Pnow series with Sam, you’ll be seeing more partner-centric content from me.
- 4 Ways To Secure Your Customers’ Collaboration Systems and Drive Value [RCPmag]
Some blatant self-promotion
What would a blog be without some blatant self-promotion?! I’ve also included a post on some of the new Duran Duran singles (new album coming out Oct 22nd!) and some current favorites. Good stuff.
- Community Content Feeding Frenzy [buckleyPLANET]
- Speaking at Upcoming Events, Fall Edition [buckleyPLANET]
- New Duran Duran for #MusicFriday [buckleyPLANET]
- August 2021 Content Wrap-Up [buckleyPLANET]
One last item: I was scheduled to participate in an episode of Inside Microsoft Teams with Stephen Rose (@stephenlrose), but my video/segment was cut for time and the video added as an additional resource. My video walks you through the setup to Connect Microsoft teams & OBS (Open Broadcast Software) so that you can live stream a Teams Meeting. I explain why you might want to do this, and then explain my basic configuration in StreamlabsOBS (still free). Check it out!
- Connecting Microsoft Teams & OBS [Inside Microsoft Teams – TechCommunity]
That’s about it. I delivered a few more drafts that have not yet been published, and have a dozen tabs open in the browser to various drafts. I am working on a rather long eBook on Microsoft Viva which I hope to see completed in November, and have two other eBook ideas that I am proposing to a handful of AvePoint Community Champions to co-create. I’m also pushing our services team to create two new workshops (both of which would be eligible for Fast Track incentives), and a webinar series.
As always, follow me at @buckleyplanet for updates!