June 2020 Content Wrap-Up
Here we are at the start of another Microsoft fiscal year, and as I posted on the social channels, I am “hyperexcited, chuffed, gobsmacked, tickled, and turnt to be renewed for my 9th (technically 9.5) Microsoft MVP award!” With the renewal for the Microsoft Regional Director program a couple weeks back (link below), I am feeling the community love, for sure. Thanks again to all of those in the community who have supported me and my work this past decade; to Christian, Betsy, MK, and the rest of the MVP and RD program leads and everyone else who keeps these excellent programs up and running; and to my many friends and insider contacts at Microsoft who keep delivering awesome products and giving back to the community, including people like Jeff Teper, Dan Holme, Chris McNulty, Mark Kashman, Bill Baer, Vesa Juvonen, Naomi Moneypenny, Stephen Rose, Karuana Gatimu, Laurie Pottmeyer, Anna Chu, Michael Holste, and many, many others inside Microsoft and from around the community. Thanks for all of your support!
As far as content output, here is a good portion of what was published this past month. July may be a bit quieter as I am taking a few days off for family activities, and will be on my first flight since early February as I travel out to Minneapolis for a half day to help my daughter + family drive out to Utah for a week. And when I say quieter, I mean 20+ articles, events, and videos. Yes, I am a slacker.
June TweetJam on Microsoft Teams
Top of mind this week, since this stuff happened yesterday 🙂 is this month’s #CollabTalk tweetjam where we discussed the state of Microsoft Teams. Our numbers were up for the event — didn’t need to see the stats to recognize that the conversation was more intense than recent months, with a lot of interest, and some great feedback form the community. If you ever miss one of these tweetjams and would like to dig deeper into the responses from any particular question, aside from search through the data in Twitter (it’s the internet, so it never goes away) you can find a play-by-play of every response on the last tab of the tyGraph statsm linked below. Thanks again to tygraph, as well as to this month’s sponsor, Commsverse (free Microsoft Teams event on July 6-9), for your support of these fantastic community discussions.
- Community Feedback on #MicrosoftTeams [buckleyPLANET | YouTube]
- June 2020 TweetJam Stats [tyGraph]
- Community Discussion on the State of Microsoft Teams [buckleyPLANET]
Microsoft Community Office Hours
In case you were wondering, these Office Hours activities happen every Monday at 8am PDT (for the Americas and EMEA) and 6pm PDT (for APAC), they are live streamed within the Office 365 and Teams communities on Facebook, and are a great opportunity for anyone to ask a panel of MVPs questions about any Microsoft product or service. Following each session, we publish both morning and evening recordings to YouTube, and then provide a list of links to each topic discussed. So feel free to watch all 120 minutes OR jump to the topics you care about via the link list. If you have burning support questions, send me an email or DM, and we’ll add it to the list of questions covered in our next session.
- Microsoft Community Office Hours, Episode 15 [buckleyPLANET | YouTube]
- Microsoft Community Office Hours, Episode 14 [buckleyPLANET | YouTube]
- Microsoft Community Office Hours, Episode 13 [buckleyPLANET | YouTube]
- Microsoft Community Office Hours, Episode 12 [buckleyPLANET | YouTube]
- Microsoft Community Office Hours, Episode 11 [buckleyPLANET | YouTube]
I added 4 interviews to this month’s roster….with two more still in post-production, but they should go live later this week. If you are an MVP or RD and would like to participate in this series, please contact me. I also interview Microsoft employees for the #MsftBuzzChat series, and would love to schedule a few more of these, as well. These are my way of getting to know more of my fellow MVPs and RDs and to promote some of the amazing things happening within these communities.
- #MVPbuzzChat with Benjamin Niaulin [blog | video | podcast]
- #MVPbuzzChat with Beatriz Oliveira [blog | video | podcast]
- #MVPbuzzChat with Dux Raymond Sy [blog | video | podcast]
- #MVPbuzzChat with Ric Bretschneider [blog | video | podcast]
Tom Duff (@duffbert) and I struck once again with our near-monthly Productivity Tips series, with Tom extending his lead in all three stats that we track (number of events won, number of rounds won, and total points). Help me dig out of this hole in August when we’ll return from the next “battle.” I was also able to present 10 more Teams tips alongside Russ Basiura (@russbasiura) from Accel365 and his 10 tips as part of our second of three webinars. Register for our 3rd session with 20 entirely new Teams tips here.
- Microsoft 365 Productivity Tips “June Jam” [blog | video | slides]
- 20 More Productivity Tips for Microsoft Teams [blog | video | slides]
Lots of other online events this past month, including webinars with PixelMill, GlobalCon2, Valo, Microsoft User Group Utah (#MUGUT), and facilitating a discussion with fellow MVPs Peter Carson (@carsonpeter) and Benjamin Niaulin (@bniaulin) for an Extranet User Manager webinar. Not as many online events planned for July, but there are a few being planned.
- Webinar Recap | The Microsoft 365 Digital Workspace + Virtual Marathon Recap [PixelMill blog | video]
- GlobalCon2: Keynote Panel [Collab365 YouTube]
- Everything You Need To Know About Tasks In Microsoft 365 [Collab365 – GlobalCon2]
- ValoFest session: Finding and Developing your Digital Workplace Champions
- Conversation on Teams and Office 365 External Users [EUM blog | video]
- Snap poll on Twitter re: how much people are working on COVID-19 related activities [Twitter]
- The ‘New’ Microsoft Project [blog | video | slides]
A handful of other content activities, and a whole lotta social activities, and that about rounds out my content activities for the month.
- Upcoming Events for June + July [buckleyPLANET]
- May 2020 Content Wrap-Up [buckleyPLANET]
- What is Delegated User Management? [EUM blog]
- 10 New Wave Essentials for #MusicFriday [buckleyPLANET]
- Renewed as a Microsoft Regional Director [buckleyPLANET]
And that’s a wrap for June. More coming in July, I promise.