July 2022 Content Wrap-Up
Another month has gone by, and it is time for a short synopsis of my event and content activities. July is a month usually focused on the channel, with Microsoft’s annual partner conference, Inspire, sucking in all of the oxygen. Well, not so much for the past couple years with the event being virtual. I tried to participate in as much as my schedule would allow, and am finishing up my own synopsis for internal teams, with all major (and minor) announcements that are relevant to AvePoint’s business. For the remainder of the year, more and more of my time (and my content) is shifting toward channel topics — so it’s no surprise that this month’s tweetjam focused on the topic of Microsoft’s partner ecosystem.
Looking forward, I am heading to another MSP event in Denver next week, and waiting for budget approvals to start planning multiple channel events in H2, hopefully kicking things off in Mexico City. Need to confirm dates, but we’re also discussing events in Chicago, Boston, New York City, Dallas, Washington DC, and Toronto. Add to that another North American Collaboration Summit (NACS) in Branson, Missouri and ESPC22 in Copenhagen, and it could be a fairly busy travel year.
As for content this past month, here is what I produced:
While I am trying to keep Mondays open for MVP interviews, the first Monday of the month fell on Independence Day, so I wrote a quick post about the importance of the US Constitution. Be sure to check it out.
- In Defense of the US Constitution [buckleyPLANET]
- Managing the Employee Experience [buckleyPLANET]
- A Channel Perspective on Cloud Transformation [buckleyPLANET]
- Are people still wondering which tool to use? [buckleyPLANET]
- Building a Self-Sufficient Collaboration Team [buckleyPLANET]
Starting a new series
Similar to my series on Building Your Personal Brand back in June, I started a new series on content marketing. I have a fairly detailed outline in OneNote and thought I’d have more time to publish two or three more posts in the series, but never got back to it. I’m planning to complete the series (7 or 8 articles) in August, and may publish the entire series as an eBook, possibly under the AvePoint brand.
- Putting Content at the Center of Your Marketing Strategy [buckleyPLANET]
Latest #P2Pnow episodes for the channel
Sam and I added 4 more episodes in the ongoing #P2Pnow series this past month, and we have more on the way. We have a recording session this week, where we’ll add another 6 to 8 topics, pursuing our goal of 52 episodes per year. I’m hoping to expand on a number of the topics, and my content team is considering ways of further leveraging this short-form content. Geared toward the channel, our intent is to provide an overview of topics within the partner ecosystem.
- How to Develop Effective Executive Relationships [AvePoint blog | YouTube]
- Why Strong Cloud Management is Critical for Growing Your Business [AvePoint blog | YouTube]
- The Best Tool for Major Cloud Migration Projects [AvePoint blog | YouTube]
- Why Backup & Restore Are Essential to Growing Your Business [AvePoint blog | YouTube]
Latest Office 365 Hours (#O365hours) episodes
If you have not already registered for the #O365hours show, you can sign up at https://avept.it/o365hours and get reminders for these twice-monthly webcasts which take place on the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of every month at 11am Eastern. This past month I was joined by Robert Hedblom (sumNERV) to discuss backup and restore, and then Erica Toelle and Stephanie Harth (Microsoft) to discuss Purview. Check them out!
- What is Microsoft Purview? [AvePoint blog | YouTube]
- The Role of Backup and Restore in Business Continuity [AvePoint blog | YouTube]
#M365AMA panel discussions
The Microsoft 365 Ask-Me-Anything (#M365AMA) panel discussions continue, with 10 more videos released in July. More panel sessions are being organized, so please let me know if you have technical questions you would like us to cover.
- How can I archive SharePoint List data but still have access to it? #M365AMA [buckleyPLANET | YouTube]
- Can a Communication site support News Webparts for different teams? #M365AMA [buckleyPLANET | YouTube]
- Why doesn’t my SharePoint List maintain its settings? #M365AMA [buckleyPLANET | YouTube]
- Why doesn’t the Catch Up function work? #M365AMA [buckleyPLANET | YouTube]
- Can you restrict editing access for columns in a SharePoint List? #M365AMA [buckleyPLANET | YouTube]
- How can I see more than 2000 records in my SharePoint List? #M365AMA [buckleyPLANET | YouTube]
- Will a SharePoint List dynamically refresh in the browser? #M365AMA [buckleyPLANET | YouTube]
- Can I add an Outlook public calendar to a Team? #M365AMA [buckleyPLANET | YouTube]
- Is it possible to create calendar overlays for multiple events? #M365AMA [buckleyPLANET | YouTube]
- Is it possible to make Forms data persistent? #M365AMA [buckleyPLANET | YouTube]
July #CollabTalk TweetJam
As I mentioned in the introduction, we focused this past #CollabTalk TweetJam on “Navigating the Microsoft Partner Ecosystem” and had a great discussion, sharing takeaways from Inspire and how we thought the changes to the Microsoft Cloud Partner Program might impact our businesses. I followed that with an interview with GTM consultant Paul Solski (AIM International), who is also the President of IAMCP Seattle. Really good content from both activities.
- Focusing on Microsoft Partners [buckleyPLANET]
- Community Feedback on the Microsoft Partner Ecosystem [buckleyPLANET]
The #CollabTalk Podcast
Two more podcast recordings were added to the archive. I’ve been lax on scheduling more interviews due to my already busy schedule, but I am hoping to post at least 2 or 3 new episodes per month going forward. If you have an interesting story to tell and would like to be a guest, please reach out to me.
- CollabTalk Podcast | Episode 56 with Ian Robinson [buckleyPLANET | podcast]
- CollabTalk Podcast | Episode 55 with Richard Calderon [buckleyPLANET | podcast]
Microsoft MVP interviews (#MVPbuzzChat series)
One of my favorite activities every month is my MVPbussChat interview series, where I get to know new people from different technology areas, and from around the world. If you want to know what it takes to become an MVP, check out a few of these interviews. There are definitely behavioral patterns among MVPs.
- #MVPbuzzChat with Linn Zaw Win [buckleyPLANET | YouTube | podcast]
- #MVPbuzzChat with Liji Thomas [buckleyPLANET | YouTube | podcast]
- #MVPbuzzChat with John Joyner [buckleyPLANET | YouTube | podcast]
Saturday posts about music
I had not intended to share music suggestions weekly, but I’ve been enjoying building these short playlists around some of my favorite bands. Many more planned.
- Blue Plate Special: Ultravox [buckleyPLANET]
- Blue Plate Special: INXS [buckleyPLANET]
- Blue Plate Special: Harold Budd [buckleyPLANET]
- Blue Plate Special: Talk Talk [buckleyPLANET]
- Blue Plate Special: Underworld [buckleyPLANET]
Speaking at Commsverse 2022
While this event took place in June, I finally got around to sharing my slides and talking about the event in a short post.
- Taking Microsoft Teams on the Road at Commsverse 2022 [buckleyPLANET | slides 1 | slides 2]
And finally, the self-promotion posts. Always exciting to get renewed as an MVP, but I was also surprised this past month by being listed as the top monthly thought leader in “project management” by the Thinkers 360 team. I know there are a lot of you out there who don’t like (or don’t understand) these social leaderboards, and while I understand the pushback — the real value add is that being included helps with customer, partner, and expert visibility. I always make a ton of new connections out of these leaderboards. No complaints here about being included.
- 11 Years as a Microsoft MVP [buckleyPLANET]
- June 2020 Content Wrap-Up [buckleyPLANET]
- AvePoint Proudly Presents Its Microsoft MVPs for 2022, by Brent Middleton [AvePoint blog]
- Thinkers 360 #ProjectManagement Thought Leader & Influencer Leaderboard
And that’s a wrap for July. As always, lots and lots of activities happening in August as I close out my final month of daily posts, achieving my goal of 1 year of daily blog posts here on buckleyPLANET. And in case you were wondering, yes, I am thinking seriously about keeping it going — maybe going for 2 years of daily posts.