The Maturity of the M365 Content Lifecycle
While Microsoft continues to dominate the collaboration and content management space, with SharePoint, Microsoft Teams, and other industry-leading applications and user experiences, it is becoming an increasingly complex story for most organizations. What is practical content management inside of Microsoft 365? How do new additions within content services (Syntex), employee experiences (Viva), and lifecycle management and governance (Purview) fit within the Microsoft 365 maturity model for your organization, and where do gaps still remain?
In the next #CollabTalk TweetJam taking place on Wednesday, June 22nd at 9am PDT (UTC -7), the community will once again join forces and have a focused discussion on the topic of “Managing the Microsoft 365 Content Lifecycle” to discuss the state of enterprise content management across the Microsoft 365 platform, the gaps that many organizations still face, as well as key learnings and best practices. In this 1-hour Twitter-based panel discussion, we’ll bring together MVPs and Regional Directors, community experts, partners, consultants, and practitioners to share their perspectives on this important topic.
Anyone can join this community discussion using Twitter and the #CollabTalk hashtag or your favorite Twitter platform. You don’t even need to be an “expert” to participate in the online conversation. Anyone can ask questions, comment on the questions posed, or just “lurk” in the background. These online discussions are open to anyone — you do not have to be on the panel to participate.
If you have never participated in one of these tweetjams, it’s pretty simple: anyone can jump in and share their thoughts, or just lurk in the wings and absorb the wisdom of the crowd. Either way, it’ll be a TON of content to consume in a single hour. You can follow the live session using the Twitter UI of your choice (Twitter.com, Hootsuite, Tweetdeck, whatever). How it works is that I’ll post a series of questions every few minutes, and people will respond to Q1, Q2, Q3 and so forth with A1, A2, A3, always including the #CollabTalk hashtag with their answers. Feel free to reply as often (or as little) as you’d like, ask your own follow up questions, share relevant links, re-tweet others, and engage with the audience.
The questions we will discuss during the session include:
- What is the general state of collaboration within your organization, and where do you think you are most successful in working collaboratively?
- Within the phases of the Content Management Lifecycle (Create, Coordinate, Protect, Harvest), where does your organization struggle the most, and why?
- With so many SaaS applications and storage options available to organizations, is the goal still a single repository or “one version of the truth?”
- Are you leveraging the latest content services (Syntex, Viva Topics, etc.), and if so, how are they impacting your content management strategies? If not using them, why not?
- With so many programs, plans & subscriptions changing frequently, with multiple features, varying security & access rights, how does license management impact content management strategies?
- Why do companies struggle with user adoption, and what are the primary barriers to implementing a successful adoption strategy?
- With many companies still struggling to navigate the Microsoft security model, what advice can you share to help overcome the challenges of managing Microsoft 365?
As always, there will be side questions, side conversations, and wise-cracking throughout. This is open to the public, so please join in the discussion! The dialog is always thought-provoking and fun.
Participating on this panel (so far):
- Dion Hinchcliffe (@dhinchcliffe), vp and principal analyst at Constellation Research
- Erica Toelle (@EricaToelle), sr. product marketing manager for data lifecycle + records management at Microsoft
- David Patrick (@DavidEPatrick), Office Apps & Services MVP, user group organizer, subject matter expert with DSA, Inc.
- Wes Preston (@idubbs), SharePoint MVP, evangelist, and owner at TrecStone
- Eric Overfield (@ericoverfield), Microsoft RD & SharePoint MVP, founder of PixelMill
- Mark Kashman (@mkashman), senior product manager on the Microsoft 365 team focused on SharePoint and OneDrive
- Jay Leask (@jayleask), Office Apps & Services MVP and US federal director, strategic accounts & solutions for AvePoint Public Sector
- Kurt Kragh Sørensen (@KurtKragh), intranet consultant and owner of IntraTeam.com
- Agnes Molnar (@molnaragnes), enterprise search & findability consultant/ceo at Search Explained
- Eli Robillard (@erobillard), SharePoint MVP, musician, fly-fisher, collaboration technology guy
- Marc Anderson (@sympmarc), SharePoint MVP, co-founder and president of Sympraxis Consulting
- Matthew Bookspan (@mbookspan), CEO at BlacktipIT
- John White (@diverdown1964), dual SharePoint and Data Platform MVP, cto at UnlimitedViz and tyGraph
- Stacy Deere-Strole (@sldeere), SharePoint MVP and owner of Focal Point Solutions
- Mike Fitzmaurice (@mikefitz), vp of north america and chief evangelist for WEBCON
- David Drever (@DavidMDrever), Office Apps & Services MVP, senior manager and enterprise architect at Protiviti
- Hal Hostetler (@TVWizard), Microsoft MVP and senior field engineer and social media coordinator for Roland, Schorr & Tower
- Paul Soliman (@heypaulroots), Business Applications MVP, co-founder of Banyanichain, CEO of Hacktiv
- Dan Usher (@binarybrewery), Office Apps & Services MVP and principal at Booz Allen Hamilton
- Mike Maadarani (@mikemaadarani), Office Apps & Services MVP, cloud solution architect at MCM Consulting
- Galen Keene (@sdkeene), consultant and collaboration architect, managing partner at Butterfly Technologies
- Ed Senez (@edsenez), president at UnlimitedViz and tyGraph
- Kirsty McGrath (@kirstymcgrath13), Office Apps & Services MVP and managing director at OnPoint Solutions
- Jeff Willinger (@jwillie), Office 365 MVP and digital experience director at Withum
- Ben Stegink (@benstegink), SharePoint, Office 365 and Azure consultant, owner of Intelligink, LLC
- Norm Young (@stormin_30), Office Apps & Services MVP, director of collaborative analytics at UnlimitedViz
- Tobiasz Koprowski (@KoprowskiT), Data Platform MVP, founder and consultant at Shadowland Consulting
- Matt Varney (@thevarnish), intranet manager at KCTCS
- Robert Bogue (@RobBogue), author, speaker, strategist and consultant at Thor Projects
- Paul Keijzers (@KbWorks), a Microsoft Teams and Office 365 specialist, and the founder of KbWorks
- Robert Hedblom (@RobertandDPM), Cloud and Datacenter Management MVP, cloud and solution principal architect at sumNERV AB
- Ragnar Heil (@ragnarh), Office Servers & Services MVP and Microsoft alliance manager EMEA for Metalogix
- Darrell Webster (@DarrellaaS), Microsoft MVP, principal change management and adoption consultant at WM Reply, and founder of Modern Workplace Change
- Martina Grom (@magrom), co-founder of atwork.at, Office 365 MVP and Microsoft Regional Director
- Kevin McDonnell (@kevmcdonk), senior technical architect at Ballard Chalmers
- Sascha Fredrich (@saschaF80), IT consultant of Microsoft solutions at bei Bechtle AG
- Eric Riz (@rizinsights), SharePoint MVP and ceo of Empty Cubicle
- Alistair Pugin (@alistairpugin), (dual) Azure and Office Apps & Services MVP and chief technology officer at NBConsult
- Nicki Borell (@NickiBorell), Microsoft MVP & RD, evangelist & consultant for SharePoint, Office 365 and Azure
- Liam Cleary (@helloitsliam), SharePoint MVP, principal of SharePlicity
- Sharon Weaver (@sharoneweaver), Microsoft Regional Director, consultant, trainer and ceo of Smarter Consulting
- Phil Worrell (@worrelpa), ICT engineer and business analyst at Swisscom
- and your host, Christian Buckley (@buckleyplanet), Microsoft MVP & RD, #CollabTalk founder, brand alliance director at AvePoint
If you would like to be included on one of these panels, please drop me a line via email, LinkedIn, or Twitter. And thank you again to tyGraph for your support of these CollabTalk tweetjams! And finally, if you are interested in being a sponsor of a future tweetjam, please contact me.
We’ll be back on Tuesday, July 26th with another CollabTalk TweetJam on the topic of “Navigating the Microsoft Partner Ecosystem” so be sure to follow me (@buckleyplanet) for news and updates.