January 2022 Content Wrap-Up
I’m going to keep this one brief — and let the content below do the talking. We kicked off the year with some big plans, a new product launch (AvePoint Confide), and the 10-year anniversary of the CollabTalk TweetJam. Oh, and I ended the month with another 31 days of daily blog posts. It was a very long day today with some ups (presenting to the Melbourne M365 User group) and downs (one of my personal accounts was hacked). More of a minor headache than a major issue. Backups secure, so zero downtime or loss. Just an annoyance, really. Thank you cloud for keeping me safe. I have an early morning flight tomorrow as I make my way to Phoenix for an event this week. Later in the month, I’m headed to Arlington, Virginia to spend the week with my team before spending a couple days with my daughter and her family in Minneapolis. And throughout, the blog posts will continue to flow.
Here’s what was posted in January:
I’ve been making steady progress on the OneNote backlogs, penning a number of articles around core topics: governance, change management, and migration planning. I’ve also delivered drafts for four ebooks (yes, 4 of them) to my team at work, and hope to have all of them published in Q1, including a lengthy “Preparing for Microsoft Viva” novella, which is the topic I presented to the Melbourne UG this evening.
- Successful Office 365 Management: Security [buckleyPLANET]
- Successful Office 365 Management: Compliance [buckleyPLANET]
- Successful Office 365 Management: Governance [buckleyPLANET]
- Four Ways Businesses are Failing at Collaboration [buckleyPLANET]
- Why Is Change So Difficult? [buckleyPLANET]
- The Noise to Innovation Ratio [buckleyPLANET]
- Creating a Unified Strategy for Your Cloud Migration [buckleyPLANET]
- 4 Key Components of Productivity [buckleyPLANET]
- A Communication Strategy for Change Management [buckleyPLANET]
- Bringing Agile Thinking To Your Business [buckleyPLANET]
- The Product Envisioning Process Is About Risk Mitigation [buckleyPLANET]
- Investing in Product Development Agility [buckleyPLANET | LinkedIn]
- How Much Automation Is Too Much? [buckleyPLANET]
- Developing Cultural Confidence [buckleyPLANET]
- Is Your Asset Management Tracking Compliant? [buckleyPLANET]
- Finding Quantitative Value in Community [buckleyPLANET]
- Making Change Stick [LinkedIn]
New Channel Series
At the start of the month, some of you may have seen the video/blog series that I co-created with Sam Valme (@SamV_411), AvePoint’s Director of Global Partner Experience (and new papa!), to provide short format informational content on topics that are important to the channel, providing an ecosystem, AvePoint, and partner perspective on each topic. You’ll find a new episode on the AvePoint blog and YouTube pages every Thursday.
- Introducing P2PNow, A New Channel Series [AvePoint blog | YouTube]
- P2PNow: What is Co-Selling and How Can You Get Started? [AvePoint blog | YouTube]
- What Are MDF and How Can They Bolster Your Business? [AvePoint blog | YouTube]
- What Is CPOR and What Does It Mean for Microsoft Partners? [AvePoint blog | YouTube]
For the 10th anniversary edition of the #CollabTalk TweetJam, we focused on Microsoft Viva, the Employee Experience Platform (#EXP), and the acquisition of Ally.io. We had a solid turnout and a great discussion. I followed up the tweetjam with a solo review of the questions — and joined the #10yearchallenge with a photo from January 2012 when the tweetjam was created.
- Organizational Alignment on Objectives and Key Results [buckleyPLANET]
- Community Feedback on Objectives and Key Results [buckleyPLANET | YouTube]
Thank you to everyone that has been participating in the #CollabTalk Podcast and #MVPbuzzChat interview series, both of which are posted weekly to my blog and podcast, with the MVP interviews also posting to YouTube. I thoroughly enjoy conducting these interviews and getting to know MVPs and experts from around the world. I’ve been consistently booked weeks in advance for both, and hope to continue with this pace going forward. To any current MVPs and RDs out there who have not yet participated in the #MVPbuzzChat series, connect with me and I’ll gladly add you to the schedule. And for any vendors, executives, or experts in the very broad spectrum of collaboration technology, I’d love to talk to you about a podcast episode!
- How Acquiring Ally.io May Impact the Future of Microsoft Viva [AvePoint blog | YouTube]
- How to Get the Most Out of Microsoft Lists [AvePoint blog | YouTube]
- Are Your Users Really Adopting Microsoft Teams? [AvePoint blog | YouTube]
- #MVPbuzzChat with Paul Culmsee [buckleyPLANET | YouTube | podcast]
- #MVPbuzzChat with Andy Cutler [buckleyPLANET | YouTube | podcast]
- #MVPbuzzChat with Chirag Patel [buckleyPLANET | YouTube | podcast]
- #MVPbuzzChat with Sara Fennah [buckleyPLANET | YouTube | podcast]
- #MVPbuzzChat with Anoop Tatti [buckleyPLANET | YouTube | podcast]
- CollabTalk Podcast | Episode 39 [buckleyPLANET | podcast]
- CollabTalk Podcast | Episode 40 [buckleyPLANET | podcast]
- CollabTalk Podcast | Episode 41 [buckleyPLANET | podcast]
- CollabTalk Podcast | Episode 42 [buckleyPLANET | podcast]
I posted the remaining 4 recordings from the early-December #M365AMA session, but have not had time to do the post-production on the late-December recordings. And the team keeps pestering me to schedule the next recording AND another 90-minute live stream. Watch for both in february, folks. We have too much fun when we’re all together and live streaming our answers (or attempts to answer) questions from the community about all-things-Microsoft365, so we’re bringing it back. Watch for updates!
- Why can’t others open my SharePoint links shared via Excel? #M365AMA [buckleyPLANET | YouTube]
- How do I create a searchable image gallery using SharePoint? #M365AMA [buckleyPLANET | YouTube]
- How do I delete on-prem accounts that no longer sync with Azure AD? #M365AMA [buckleyPLANET | YouTube]
- What are the best practices for polls in Microsoft Teams? #M365AMA [buckleyPLANET | YouTube]
Gearing up for 2022 events, kicking things off with presentations to the M365UK group on Microsoft Teams Productivity, followed by the Melbourne M365 Adoption UG session on Microsoft Viva. In addition to these two topics, I have a number of new abstracts and burgeoning sessions that I am excited to present this year, including “The Cultural Change Required for Sharing OKRs,” “Creating a Governance Strategy for Citizen Development,” “Making Hybrid Events Work,” “Understanding the Culture of Collaboration in your Organization,” the idea coming from the M365UK event, in the discussion before we got started, and “InfoSec Considerations When Onboarding and Offboarding Employees.” If any of these topics sound interesting and you’d like me to present to your user group, please reach out.
- M365 Adoption User Group: How Organizations Can Prepare for Microsoft Viva [Meetup]
- M365UK – Power Platform Pro-Developers and Microsoft Teams Productivity Jan 2022 [Meetup]
And finally, the one blatantly self-promoting post — the summary for the previous month 🙂
- December 2021 Content Wrap-Up [buckleyPLANET]
And that’s it, folks. Need to grab some sleep before my early morning flight, so I’m going to schedule this one to go live about the time I am departing for the airport. Watch for my tweets from the road! It’s about 40-45 degrees warmer in Phoenix, so that’ll be a nice break. Ciao!
[…] January 2022 Content Wrap-Up [buckleyPLANET] […]