CollabTalk Podcast | Episode 39
For Episode 39 of the CollabTalk Podcast, the conversation focused on the future of community events, how the necessity of online events during the pandemic has changed our collective appetite for in-person events going forward, and what features are necessary for a successful hybrid event. You can listen to the podcast above and follow me using your favorite app, such as Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Soundcloud, or the iHeartRadio app. Be sure to subscribe!
Joining me on this podcast:
- Kevin Zollinger (@kevinzollinger), Technical Account Director at NuSkin, and President of Microsoft User Group Utah (#MUGUT). In a past life, Kevin was a developer, and has been involved in the Utah SharePoint and Microsoft 365 communities for a long, long time. [LinkedIn]
A bit more detail on the topics covered in this episode:
- History of MUGUT live events, where we’ve struggled during the pandemic [4:12]
- Why Microsoft really loves virtual over in-person events [9:52]
- Where is the value in attending an in-person event? [14:09]
- To reach the long-tail of attendees via a hybrid event, you need a moderator strategy [14:57]
- The 3 voices of effective social communications and marketing [21:06]
- How do we solve for the “serendipitous connections” that are missing in a virtual event? [32:05]
- How the brain filters content, making virtual events less effective [41:50]
Enjoy this week’s episode, and be sure to subscribe for more content like this every Friday, as well as interviews with Microsoft MVPs and Regional Directors every Monday. Thanks for listening!