CollabTalk Podcast | Episode 38
For Episode 38 of the CollabTalk Podcast, the conversation focused on the topics of talent management and the importance of management transparency in the era of the hybrid workplace. You can listen to the podcast above and follow me using your favorite app, such as Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Soundcloud, or the iHeartRadio app. Be sure to subscribe!
Joining me on this podcast:
- Michael Miller (/IN/mikeio), Director of Talent at AvePoint Inc., and PhD candidate in industrial and organizational psychology at the Chicago School of Professional Psychology. [LinkedIn]
A bit more detail on the topics covered in this episode:
- What is Talent Management and how did you get involved in this space? [2:35]
- What is wrong with the employee onboarding process? [4:55]
- Managing the employee experience like you manage the software development lifecycle [9:13]
- Change is constant, so organizations need to be more flexible [15:31]
- Some talent management examples from AvePoint’s transition from private to public company [16:39]
- The 4 components of employee self-assessment, and creating a growth-mindset [26:23]
- How measurable personality facets of self-evaluation will predict an individual’s willingness to engage in “job crafting” behavior, which is part of a growth-mindset [33:47]
- Managers are more important that ever before because of the hybrid workplace — and its harder than ever to be a manager [45:06]
Enjoy this week’s episode, and be sure to subscribe for more content like this every Friday, as well as interviews with Microsoft MVPs and Regional Directors every Monday. Thanks for listening!