CollabTalk Podcast | Episode 32
For Episode 32 of the CollabTalk Podcast, the conversation focused on the increased corporate focus on employee well-being, and how disengaged employees impact much more than their own personal productivity — but an organization’s ability to innovate. You can listen to the podcast above and follow me using your favorite app, such as Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Soundcloud, or the iHeartRadio app. Be sure to subscribe!
Joining me on this podcast:
- Michelle Moore (@presencing_ca), Founder of MindEQuity, a management consultancy bringing 21st century tools & practices to the forefront of team performance. She is a member of MIT’s Social Presencing teaching team and speaks at MacKayCEO Forums, McGill University, and is featured in the 2020 Digital Wellness Report. [LinkedIn]
A bit more detail on the topics covered in this episode:
- The shift toward a more holistic view of “the secret asset” of attention [2:14]
- With your background in tech and experience as a management consultant, how did you make the transition into employee health and well-being? [9:47]
- What are some of the common traits you see within the modern workplace that cause individuals and organizations to lose effectiveness? [16:12]
- How do you measure qualitative improvement versus quantitative improvements? [18:21]
- Managers need to have a balanced approach, and be more self-aware [24:17]
- On your website, you talk about the 5 key elements impacting attention in mind. What are those 5 elements, and how do you work with individuals and organizations to improve upon them? [26:20]
- Why are we seeing what is being called ‘The Great Resignation’ and what can organizations do differently? [31:20]
- What is your methodology in working with leaders? What is your approach? [37:24]
- How do you help people become more “organizationally aware” of communication styles and your internal collaboration culture? [45:41]
Enjoy this week’s episode, and be sure to subscribe for more content like this every Friday, as well as interviews with Microsoft MVPs and Regional Directors every Monday. Thanks for listening!