CollabTalk Podcast | Episode 30
For Episode 30 of the CollabTalk Podcast, the conversation focused on what it takes to build a data-driven organization, and how we need to shift the cultural mindset around data. You can listen to the podcast above and follow me using your favorite app, such as Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Soundcloud, or the iHeartRadio app. Be sure to subscribe!
Joining me on this podcast:
- Nick Amabile (@das42llc), CEO of DAS42, a US data analytics consulting firm that helps companies make better decisions, faster. [LinkedIn]
A bit more detail on the topics covered in this episode:
- Nick shares his background, how he got involved in data analytics, and walks through the backstory of DAS42 — including the company name’s clear connection with the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. [1:37]
- What does it mean to be a data-centric company? And how do you help organizations become more data-centric? [5:50]
- Instead of trying to build a solution, companies should start by creating a shared understanding. [9:17]
- The problem of “management by spreadsheet.” [12:59]
- Christian shares an example of a data-driven strategy and decision-making in clothing manufacturer Zara, and mentions the Harvard Business Review case study. [16:15]
- Are there patterns that you see within companies that are looking to transform their business and make analytics part of their culture? What is the profile of companies that you work with? [19:37]
- What is the role of data in building and managing teams? What is your approach to team-based analytics?[26:56]
- Where should organizations begin? What can companies and managers start doing today? What is your methodology for how organizations should approach their data? [40:41]
Enjoy this week’s episode, and be sure to subscribe for more content like this every Friday, as well as interviews with Microsoft MVPs and Regional Directors every Monday. Thanks for listening!
[…] | Episode 30 on Shifting Cultural Mindsets Toward the data-Driven Organization with Nick Amabile [buckleyPLANET | […]