CollabTalk Podcast | Episode 29
For Episode 29 of the CollabTalk Podcast, the conversation focused on unlocking communication and collaboration, and tapping into the collective genius within our organizations and teams. You can listen to the podcast above and follow me using your favorite app, such as Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Soundcloud, or the iHeartRadio app. Be sure to subscribe!
Joining me on this podcast:
- Dirk van Reenen (@DirkvanReenen), an award-winning entrepreneur, international consultant, trainer and the Founder & CEO of BERGflow, a company focused on team building for service-based companies, on the cultural aspects of collaboration, and specifically, how to unlock collaboration and the collective genius within your work teams. [LinkedIn]
A bit more detail on the topics covered in this episode:
- Dirk shares his path to becoming an entrepreneur and helping companies build successful, highly-productive teams [1:50]
- Christian asks about BERGflow’s methodology in building teams, and specifically, having a strengths-based focus [7:01]
- Dirk answers: What is true behavioral strength versus what is learned behavior? [15:45]
- How important is the data when building your team? And what are the key metrics organizations should be watching? [22:19]
- In this tight labor market, how do you find the right people, and quickly? Dirk talks about “radar-based” lead generation [32:12]
- Your team building approach is not a one-time experience, but an “operating change” in how you approach hiring [38:17]
- The importance of building trust, and allowing people to learn from their failures [47:15]
Enjoy this week’s episode, and be sure to subscribe for more content like this every Friday, as well as interviews with Microsoft MVPs and Regional Directors every Monday. Thanks for listening!