Speaking at Upcoming Events, Fall Edition
Once again sharing a number of upcoming events where I am presenting, as well as some details around my monthly broadcasts. I had hoped to add a couple more in-person events, but *shockingly* most attempts to meet back in-person have been delayed or cancelled. But the online event world pushes forward and I’ll participate as much as I can, with details included below:
Community Events and Webinars
Redmond Channel Partner
September 20 https://rcpmag.com/webcasts/2021/09/avepoint-september-20.aspx
- 4 Ways To Secure Your Customers’ Collaboration Systems and Drive Value. Hosted by Redmond Channel Partner Magazine, in this webcast you’ll learn how to offer secure collaboration solutions – secure migration, data protection, access monitoring and more – to increase your services revenue across Microsoft 365, Dynamics, Google, and Salesforce. Co-presenting with Scott Sacket, SVP of Business Development and Distribution at AvePoint.
Inside Microsoft Teams
September 29 https://resources.techcommunity.microsoft.com/inside-microsoft-teams/
- Microsoft Teams’ MVPs- Learn from the experts. Laurie Pottmeyer, Microsoft Teams Engineering, Quality & Customer Obsession Senior PM joins Stephen Rose, Teams Sr Product Marketing Manager and Host of Inside Microsoft Teams for episode 403. Hear from our experts around the world share their favorite tips and tricks on planning, deploying, adopting, managing and securing Teams. I’ll be sharing my tip on using OBS with Teams Meetings.
September 30 https://www.avepoint.com/events/webinar/elevate-your-email-and-file-migration-approach
- Elevate Your Email and File Migration Approach to Ensure M365 Transformation Success. It’s Time to Pack Up Your Data. Are You Ready? The number of organizations using Microsoft 365 for remote work continues to surge. But many companies still need to plan and deploy their migration journey so employees can collaborate effectively, no matter the setting. In this 30-minute webinar, you’ll gain smart strategies and learn about AvePoint solutions designed to make any migration to M365 easy. Discover how to analyze content and structure your source environment to identify potential migration issues before they happen. And when you’re ready to go, be equipped with the right tools to consolidate Office 365 tenants, content in other clouds, or even on-premises mail and files into Microsoft 365 or the latest SharePoint version. Co-presenting with Kate Faaland, SVP ACS and Product Strategy at AvePoint.
aMS Southeast Asia 2021
October 15-16 https://amssea.asia/
- Do I Use Planner, Project Online, or Azure DevOps? A review of the 3 primary project and task management platforms offered by Microsoft. We’ll take a look at Microsoft’s efforts to integrate the various task-based capabilities within the Microsoft 365 ecosystem, reviewing what is available today, how tasks communicate (and don’t communicate) across workloads, and where Microsoft is going in the future. This session will review these three specific solutions, as well as the current state of task management across the entire Microsoft 365 landscape (Teams, SharePoint, To-Do, Outlook, and more) to help you understand where tasks are created, integrated, and managed end-to-end.
Teams Day Online 4
November 17-18 https://modernworkplacesummits.com/
- 20 Microsoft Teams Productivity Hacks. In this fun and informative session, Microsoft MVP and Regional Director Christian Buckley will share 20 of his favorite Microsoft Teams productivity tips, with a focus on personal productivity. Attendees should walk away with at least 4 or 5 gems that can have an immediate impact on their own (and their team’s) productivity.
Office 365 Hours (#O365hours) series
September 15 http://avept.it/o365hours
- Creating the Perfect Microsoft Teams Setup for Education. Interview with Laurent Carlier, a Modern Workplace Consultant with Digitim, an education technology specialist, and Office Apps & Services MVP.
- Sign up to receive reminders about these twice-monthly shows, broadcast on the 1st and 3rd Wednesday morning each month.
- September 22 — The Evolution of Community
With the dissolution of SPSevents.org, we reach the end of an era. So what happens to the community from here? Come participate in this conversation about the SharePoint and broader Microsoft 365 community, plans for ongoing community support and growth, and the tools and tricks that our very passionate panelists use to help support their own community-building efforts around the world.
- October 20 — Staying Productive in a Multi-Tenant, Multi-Cloud World
Gone are the days when information workers used a single computer with a single OS and a clearly defined, and somewhat homogenous set of tools. We work in a multi-tenant, multi-cloud world. Come join this community discussion on how people maintain context, communication, and personal and team productivity in this complex collaboration world.
- November 30 — Making Collaboration Secure
How secure is your collaboration? What are the areas of concern within the enterprise, and what steps can you follow to ensure that your own and your team’s collaboration activities are secure? Join this community discussion as we explore the common gaps in enterprise collaboration security, and discuss ways to mitigate these risks.
- December 29 — Community Predictions for the Microsoft Ecosystem
Join us for our 10th year-end tweetjam — always the BIGGEST tweetjam of the year! Participate in this Twitter-based activity as the community joins together to discuss takeaways from the year behind us, and to make predictions for the year in front.
Microsoft 365 Ask Me Anything (#M365AMA)
Monthly panel live stream https://www.youtube.com/c/collabtalk
- Hosted by Christian Buckley, join this monthly live stream with a panel of MVPs, RDs, and community experts discussing some of the latest updates from Microsoft, as well as answering (or attempting to answer) 15 to 20 questions from the community. You can ask your questions during the live event, or reach out to any panelist with your questions and feedback any time during the month — and we’ll get back to you with an answer, or post the question to the next live event!
Weekly on Apple, Spotify, Stitcher, SoundCloud, iHeartRadio and other podcasting apps
- #MVPbuzzChat interviews with Microsoft MVPs and Regional Directors (RDs) published every Monday
- CollabTalk Podcast extended interviews with a broad range of industry experts and influencers published every Friday