The Future of the Hybrid Workplace
In his May 21st LinkedIn article “The Hybrid Work Paradox,” Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella shares recent research into employee feedback surrounding the evolution of the modern workplace, and the move toward hybrid work. He calls it the “biggest shift to how we work in our generation.” Satya talks about the need for greatest analytics and insights into our organizational data, separating it into three areas of focus: people, places, and processes. He summarizes the research by pointing to the “hybrid work paradox” — employees want flexibility, but they also want more in-person collaboration. And organizations have only just begun unraveling that paradox.
In the next #CollabTalk TweetJam taking place on Wednesday, June 23rd at 9am Pacific (UTC -7), our community discussion will tackle the rapidly evolving topic of “Planning for the Hybrid Workplace” in a 1-hour Twitter-based panel discussion. We’ll bring together Microsoft MVPs and RDs, community experts, Microsoft partners, consultants, and practitioners to share their perspectives and real-world examples of how they’re addressing the hybrid work paradox.
Anyone can join this community discussion using Twitter and the #CollabTalk hashtag or your favorite Twitter platform. You don’t even need to be an “expert” to participate in the online conversation. Anyone can ask questions, comment on the questions posed, or just “lurk” in the background. These online discussions are open to anyone — you do not have to be on the panel to participate.
If you have never participated in one of these tweetjams, it’s pretty simple: anyone can jump in and share their thoughts, or just lurk in the wings and absorb the wisdom of the crowd. Either way, it’ll be a TON of content to consume in a single hour. You can follow the live session using the Twitter UI of your choice (Twitter.com, Hootsuite, Tweetdeck, whatever). How it works is that I’ll post a series of questions every few minutes, and people will respond to Q1, Q2, Q3 and so forth with A1, A2, A3, always including the #CollabTalk hashtag with their answers. Feel free to reply as often (or as little) as you’d like, ask your own follow up questions, share relevant links, re-tweet others, and engage with the audience.
The questions we will discuss during the session include:
- What does it mean to adopt a hybrid work operating model?
- What are 3 business benefits to a hybrid workplace?
- For organizations struggling to transition to a hybrid workplace, where is the greatest friction, and why?
- How can organizations improve the way they hold meetings?
- What are the greatest gaps in technology when adopting a hybrid work model?
- In a hybrid work model, what are some best practices to ensure inclusivity?
- What are your predictions for the modern workplace in 3-5 years?
As always, there will be side-questions, side-conversations, and wise-cracking throughout. This is open to the public, so please join in the discussion! The dialog is always thought-provoking and fun.
Participating on this panel (so far):
- David Drever (@DavidMDrever), Office Apps & Services MVP, senior manager and enterprise architect at Protiviti
- Eric Overfield (@ericoverfield), Microsoft RD & SharePoint MVP, founder of PixelMill
- Adam Ball (@AdamCBall), co-founder of COUCUG, Teams and Skype for Business MVP
- David Patrick (@DavidEPatrick), Office Apps & Services MVP, user group organizer, subject matter expert with DSA, Inc.
- Stacy Deere-Strole (@sldeere), SharePoint MVP and owner of Focal Point Solutions
- John Peluso (@johnconnected), Microsoft Regional Director, and chief product officer at AvePoint
- Dux Raymond Sy (@meetdux), Microsoft Regional Director, SharePoint MVP, and Chief Brand Officer at AvePoint
- Kevin McDonnell (@kevmcdonk), Office Apps & Services MVP and solutions architect at CPS
- Darrell Webster (@DarrellaaS), Office Apps & Services MVP and co-founder REgarding365.com
- John White (@diverdown1964), dual SharePoint and Data Platform MVP, cto at UnlimitedViz and tyGraph
- Galen Keene (@sdkeene), consultant and collaboration architect, managing partner at Butterfly Technologies
- Eric Riz (@rizinsights), SharePoint MVP and ceo of Empty Cubicle
- Ragnar Heil (@ragnarh), Office Servers & Services MVP and Microsoft alliance manager EMEA for Metalogix
- Suzanne George (@spgenie), Microsoft Regional Director, MCTS, and chief architect for collaboration services at Cognizant
- Ben Stegink (@benstegink), SharePoint, Office 365 and Azure consultant, owner of Intelligink, LLC
- Hal Hostetler (@TVWizard), Microsoft MVP and senior field engineer and social media coordinator for Roland, Schorr & Tower
- Ed Senez (@edsenez), president at UnlimitedViz and tyGraph
- Mike Maadarani (@mikemaadarani), Office Apps & Services MVP, cloud solution architect at MCM Consulting
- David Leveille (@crushnetworks), president of Crush Networks, Inc.
- Seb Matthews (@sebmatthews), consultant, entrepreneur, evangelist, freemason, world traveler
- Norm Young (@stormin_30), Office Apps & Services MVP, director of collaborative analytics at UnlimitedViz
- Tobias Fenster (@tobiasfenster), Microsoft Regional Director, dual MVP in Business Applications and Azure, and cto for Cosmo Consult
- Kurt Kragh Sørensen (@KurtKragh), intranet consultant and owner of IntraTeam.com
- Matt Varney (@thevarnish), intranet manager at KCTCS
- Fabian Williams (@fabianwilliams), senior program manager on the Microsoft Graph Team at Microsoft
- Asif Rehmani (@asifrehmani), consultant, trainer and SharePoint MVP at VisualSP
- Eli Robillard (@erobillard), SharePoint MVP, musician, fly-fisher, collaboration technology guy
- Wes Preston (@idubbs), SharePoint MVP, evangelist, and owner at TrecStone
- Philip Worrell (@worrelpa), ICT engineer and business analyst at Swisscom
- Tobiasz Koprowski (@KoprowskiT), Data Platform MVP, founder and consultant at Shadowland Consulting
- Shari Oswald (@shortcutshari), co-founder and productivity evangelist at PowerUP! Learning
- and your host, Christian Buckley (@buckleyplanet), Microsoft MVP & RD, #CollabTalk founder, Microsoft gtm director at AvePoint
If you would like to be included on one of these panels, please drop me a line via email, LinkedIn, or Twitter. And thank you again to tyGraph for your support of these CollabTalk tweetjams! And finally, if you are interested in being a sponsor of a future tweetjam, please contact me.
We’ll be back on July 21st with another tweetjam, so be sure to follow me (@buckleyplanet) for news and updates.