What Does AI Look Like in the Enterprise?
For this month’s CollabTalk tweetjam, we’ll be exploring a topic that has been popping up again and again: what is the enterprise story around artificial intelligence (AI) and machine-learning (ML). There are a lot of really exciting products and services being built around AI+ML, but many are recognizing the gap between the R&D discussions and pilots currently underway, and where these advances are currently meeting the needs of the enterprise….or will soon deliver on the promises being made.
Our online discuss this month is “The Practical Application of AI and Machine-Learning” and will provide members of the community an opportunity to discuss our expectations and share real-world experiences of how AI and ML is delivering, or will soon deliver value to our businesses. Join us on Thursday, August 30th at 9am Pacific / 6pm CEST via Twitter and the #CollabTalk hashtag using your favorite Twitter dashboard (Hootsuite, Tweetdeck, Buffer, etc) to take part in this monthly discussion.
You do not need to be an “expert” to participate in the online conversation, and can ask questions, comment on the questions posed, or just “lurk” in the background. These online discussions are open to anyone — you do not have to be on the panel to participate.
This month’s tweetjam is once again being sponsored by our good friends at tyGraph.
If you have never participated in one of the tweetjams, it’s pretty simple: anyone can jump in and share their thoughts, or watch from the wings and absorb the wisdom of the crowd. Either way, it’ll be a TON of content to consume in a single hour. You can follow the live session using the Twitter UI of your choice. How it works is that I’ll post a series of questions every few minutes, and people will respond to Q1, Q2, Q3 and so forth with A1, A2, A3, always including the #CollabTalk and #MSInspire hashtags with their answers. Feel free to reply as often (or as little) as you’d like, ask your own follow up questions, share relevant links, re-tweet others, and engage with the audience.
The questions we will discuss during this month’s tweetjam include:
- What is the state of artificial intelligence (AI) and machine-learning (ML) in the enterprise?
- Where do you see AI truly transforming the enterprise, and what is just hype?
- What are the biggest challenges to AI adoption in the enterprise?
- Are there specific business scenarios that are logical places to begin an AI pilot?
- How will AI and ML impact corporate culture and technology ethics? Any examples?
- What is the impact of AI and ML on current job functions, as well as future roles?
- What should organizations consider as they incorporate AI into their short and long-term business strategies?
Our panel this month will continue to expand, but the folks who have confirmed so far include:
- Matt Wade (@thatmattwade), Microsoft MVP, vp of client engagement at AtBot, co-founder of jumpt365.com
- Jon Rivers (@jon_rivers), social media disruption expert, founder of Marketing Monarchs
- Treb Gatte (@tgatte), Business Solutions MVP, international speaker/man of mystery at TumbleRoad LLC
- Beau Cameron (@beau_cameron), Microsoft MVP and senior engineer at Aerie Consulting
- Steven Fowler (@stevenmfowler), Microsoft MVP, ceo of ataric, ceo of Sevenbrook
- Oscar Garcia Colon (@almlatam), Microsoft RD and ALM MVP, and cto at Allied Global
- Pierre Milcent (@milcent), social collaboration executive consultant at IBM France
- Eric Riz (@rizinsights), SharePoint MVP and ceo of Empty Cubicle
- Ryan Schouten (@ShrPntKnight) Office Servers & Services MVP, senior engineer with Blizzard Entertainment
- Matt Varney (@thevarnish), intranet manager at KCTCS
- Shadeed Eleazer (@mrshadeed), founder and principal consultant at Managed Path Solutions
- David Leveille (@crushnetworks), president of Crush Networks, Inc.
- Daniel Laskewitz (@laskewitz), Microsoft Business Solutions MVP and consultant at Sogeti
- Fernando Melo (@frmelo21), SharePoint architect and evangelist at Helios Cooperative
- Nikkia Carter (@ladygwenavear), director of collaboration and training at C3 Integrated Solutions
- John White (@diverdown1964), SharePoint MVP and cto at UnlimitedViz Inc.
- Brian Culver (@SPbrianculver), SharePoint MCM and founder, president of Expert Point Solution
- Rick Garcia (@SilentRick), SharePoint project manager at United Airlines
- Tobiasz Koprowski (@KoprowskiT), Data Platform MVP, independent consultant
- Stacy Deere-Strole (@sldeere), SharePoint MVP and owner of Focal Point Solutions
- Ed Senez (@edsenez), president at UnlimitedViz and TyGraph
- Dean Swann (@sdeanswann), social collaborator, growth hacker and product manager for UnlimitedViz
- Paul Swider (@pswider), cto at RealActivity and enterprise SharePoint strategist
- Randy Drisgill (@drisgill), SharePoint MVP and branding and design expert at Rackspace
- and your host, Christian Buckley (@buckleyplanet), Microsoft Regional Director & MVP, cmo at revealit.io, and the founder & ceo of CollabTalk LLC
And as always, anyone and everyone is invited to the online discussion. And thank you again to tyGraph for your support of this CollabTalk tweetjam! If you are interested in being a sponsor of a future tweetjam, please contact me at CollabTalk.com