July 2016 Content Wrap-Up
Ah, I remember this thing they call summer. After spending the past decade in the Seattle area, with those one to two weeks of 90+ degree weather, the move to the Salt Lake Valley has been somewhat of an adjustment. Can people be allergic to heat? Thankfully my new home office is secure within my basement, where it is dark and cool. I am soooo not the hot weather person, as my pale skin would attest. The month of July revolved around two activities: Microsoft’s Worldwide Partner Conference in Toronto, and moving my family to Utah. Somewhere in between those events, I also managed to produce a few articles, as shown below.
For a bit of a background on why I moved my family, you can read my related post. In short, we moved to take care of family, and have landed in Herriman, Utah — which, in my opinion, looks a lot like southern California. I spent the first 34 years of my life (for the most part) living in California, and love the golden rolling hills and scrub oak, and aside from the massive Wasatch Mountains in the background, this area looks a lot like the San Joaquin Valley to me, with hills and heat and lots of new development everywhere. It’s a different kind of beautiful than what we moved from, but we’re happy to be here to help family.
- Switching Geographies (buckleyPLANET) http://bit.ly/2ay6cJx
For those who may not be subscribed to the CollabTalk show on IT Unity, it is a monthly live webcast with myself, Marc Anderson (@sympmarc) and Naomi Moneypenny (@nmoneypenny) and the occasional guest as we talk about a variety of topics within the SharePoint community. The links below include our show site, where you can subscribe to get details on our forthcoming shows, and the recording of our most recent show, as well as a couple posts highlighting some of the latest capabilities from the SharePoint product team:
- SharePoint Goes Mobile, Document Libraries, Groups Updates on CollabTalk (YouTube) http://bit.ly/2ay5yfb
- SharePoint Goes Mobile, Document Libraries, Groups Updates (IT Unity) http://bit.ly/2b0VdcA
- Reinventing Business Processes with Microsoft (Beezy blog) http://bit.ly/2aNTkUl
- Modernizing SharePoint Lists and Libraries (Beezy blog) http://bit.ly/2aNTWcA
The big news from the Beezy team this past month was the announcement surrounding our new Idea Campaigns feature, which is the first idea management solution built for SharePoint, whether on prem or online. Included in the links below are an article from David Roe on CMSWire and a post from Dave Rubinstein over on the SPTechCon newsletter:
- Introducing Beezy Idea Campaigns (Beezy blog) http://bit.ly/2b0Tp3r
- Formalizing Idea Management (Beezy) http://bit.ly/2au033y (watch the video on YouTube)
- Six Steps to a Great User Experience [Infographic] (Beezy blog) http://bit.ly/2aGUFtR
- Identifying the Right Collaboration Strategy (LinkedIn) http://bit.ly/2asXVpI
- Can Beezy Quiet All the Collaboration Noise? (CMSWire) http://bit.ly/2asWIyC
- Here’s an idea: Manage your team’s ideas (SPTechCon) http://bit.ly/2aQTUxQ
At the end of July, we also launched the 2nd survey from the #MeasureCollabSuccess initiative. The first survey focused on creating a shared definition around collaboration success, while this second phase looks at the specific measurements:
- How do you measure SharePoint Success? (buckleyPLANET) http://bit.ly/2aQUAmZ
- Monitoring and Measuring to Ensure Collaboration Success (IT Unity) http://bit.ly/2aw4SK9
Doing a bit of corporate promotion, I also penned some articles around Beezy’s inclusion in the Lecko digital transformation report, which is an excellent analysis of the many different factors that play a part in building out a digital workplace. If you have not yet seen the Lecko report, I highly recommend you download a copy (available in English and French). Of course, the Beezy team also participated in WPC16 in Toronto, where we were joined by one of our newest team members, David Fletcher, who is our new Director of EPG Sales in the UK.
- A Digital Transformation of the Enterprise (Beezy blog) http://bit.ly/2azjjdS
- Digital Transformation Starts with Small Wins (CMSWire) http://bit.ly/2asYjnO
- Finding Beezy at the Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference (Beezy blog) http://bit.ly/2aQTqrD
- Beezy Appoints New Director of EPG Sales to Lead UK Expansion (PRWeb) http://bit.ly/2agjy11
Finally, I’ve included links to a couple mentions from this past month stemming from WPC16, and a tweetjam panel where I was a participant. No CollabTalk tweetjam this past month — just too much going on with the move, and no time that fit with my schedule. But I’m on target for a tweetjam in August.
- Seven networking tips from the WPC 2016 social squad (Microsoft) http://bit.ly/2b0TdkQ
- Top 50 Microsoft Partners – Inbound Marketing Exellence (FiftyFiveandFive) http://bit.ly/2ay6ZKR
- CMSWire Tweet Jam: Where Are We With CX Maturity? #cxmchat (CMSWire) http://bit.ly/2aLxKz4
Looking forward to a quiet August at home, unpacking boxes and running a few online activities, including a joint webinar with Mike Oryszak (@next_connect) from Beezy partner B&R Solutions. Watch for details, which should come later this week. My next big event will be Ignite in Atlanta, where I’ll be leading two sessions and participating in a panel, and helping to ensure everything runs smoothly at the Beezy booth. See you there!