CollabTalk Podcast | Episode 37
For Episode 37 of the CollabTalk Podcast (Holiday Edition), the conversation focused on the topics of the newly-announced Microsoft Teams Essentials version, and the state of the freemium model as an approach to selling and marketing software and online services. We also touch on Windows 11 and a few other topics, including some interesting (shocking?) pop culture news. You can listen to the podcast above and follow me using your favorite app, such as Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Soundcloud, or the iHeartRadio app. Be sure to subscribe!
Joining me on this podcast:
- Sean McDonough (@spmcdonough), Chief Technology Officer and Microsoft 365 consultant with Bitstream Foundry in Cincinnati Ohio, one of my co-hosts for the monthly #M365AMA, and an Office Apps & Services MVP. [LinkedIn, Blog]
A bit more detail on the topics covered in this episode:
- Christian test Sean’s knowledge of important pop culture news [4:50]
- Why everyone should be watching the Ted Lasso series on Apple+ [6:44]
- Microsoft announces the launch of Microsoft Teams Essentials for SMBs [9:55]
- Sean and Christian talk about the mechanics of the #M365AMA series, which always includes “fun sized” answers to questions about Microsoft Teams and the entire Microsoft 365 platform [14:30]
- Trading stories of the startup life, when the freemium model was created back in the dot com era, and why the freemium model remains important to software companies [23:15]
- Is Gmail still in beta? [36:39]
- Sean talks about his multiple-machine Windows 11 experience (so far) [40:06]
Enjoy this week’s episode, and be sure to subscribe for more content like this every Friday, as well as interviews with Microsoft MVPs and Regional Directors every Monday. Thanks for listening!