CollabTalk Podcast | Episode 36
For Episode 36 of the CollabTalk Podcast, the conversation focused on the topics of data security, real-world governance, and what it takes to make collaboration secure. You can listen to the podcast above and follow me using your favorite app, such as Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Soundcloud, or the iHeartRadio app. Be sure to subscribe!
Joining me on this podcast:
- Dana Simberkoff (@danalouise), the Chief Risk, Privacy and Information Security Officer at AvePoint. She is responsible for executive level consulting, research and analytical support on current and upcoming industry trends, technology, standards, best practices, concepts and solutions for risk management and compliance. Dana provides guidance on product direction, technology enhancements, customer challenges and market opportunities, and holds a bachelor of arts from Dartmouth College and a juris doctorate from Suffolk University Law School. She was featured in Forbes, writes a column for CMSWire, and was highlighted in the CSO Online list of ‘12 Amazing Women in Security’. She serves on the Women Leading Privacy Advisory Board for the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP). [LinkedIn]
A bit more detail on the topics covered in this episode:
- Is collaboration security an active component of your internal/customer planning? Why, or why not?
- Would you say your organization prioritizes usability over security, or vice versa, and why?
- What are your primary collaboration security concerns, and how are you mitigating those risks?
- How does your organization handle guest access, and external collaboration as a whole?
- How important is information architecture and data governance within your collaboration security planning?
- With security as the number one concern for collaboration, where are the greatest organizational gaps in security today?
- For an organization at the start of their collaboration planning, what steps or security guardrails would you suggest they begin with?
Enjoy this week’s episode, and be sure to subscribe for more content like this every Friday, as well as interviews with Microsoft MVPs and Regional Directors every Monday. Thanks for listening!