Microsoft Community Office Hours, Episode 28
For the 28th episode of “Microsoft Community Office Hours” series, Sean McDonough, MVP (@spmcdonough), took the lead with Hal Hostetler, MVP (@TVWizard) and Mike Nelson, MVP (@MikeNelsonIO), while Neil and I attended the North American Collaboration Summit (collabsummit.org) in Branson, Missouri. While they did not live stream the session, they did answer a number of questions asked from the office 365 Community group on Facebook.
If you have any question you would like us to address in an upcoming panel discussion, you can send them to OfficeHours@CollabTalk.com
If you like this format, be sure to join us every Monday at 8am. The ask-me-anything (AMA) format allows us to connect with each other and also help anyone in the community with questions about Microsoft products and services. If you have questions about Microsoft products or services, please feel free to post them here, on the FB page, or send to me via Twitter or FB direct message.
In this episode, the following topics were covered:
- The guys start out with the obligatory dissing of those who are not there to defend themselves [0:31]
- Sean talks about the weather, while paint dries and crickets can be heard in the distance [0:53]
- Is there any anti-malware/anti-virus software included with Office 365 Family? [2:02]
- Why is my recently added user in Teams not yet showing in the Group in Outlook Web? [7:28]
- Why am I unable to connect to Office 365? [10:04]
- Using REST API with Graph authentication token to add a task to Planner, how do you deal with tokens expiring? [12:34]
- The guys laugh at the thought of Christian having to suffer… and then give a shout out to NACS [14:21]
- Sean shows off this week’s t-shirt design, which sparks a conversation on Lord of the Rings [16:45]
- Is there a script to speed up the process of importing a PST to an Office 365 mailbox? Hal’s link [21:40]
- How do I control which apps my users see in Teams from left menu (or the More… tab on the mobile app)? [25:08]
- Why are people getting randomly logged out of different applications in Microsoft 365? [27:46]
- Why is Outlook minimizing when opening, becoming unresponsive, cycling a few times to responsive and unresponsive again, before settling down and working normally. Why is this happening? [31:57]
- Is it possible to export a license overview in Office 365 and specifically show license inheritance? See [35:13]
- I work in a school and I’m wondering if there is a way to disable private chats between students? Disabling private chat is all-or-nothing [38:38]
- In Outlook Online, is there a way to edit a meeting title and save it without sending out new invites to everyone?
- When starting a new conversation in a Teams channel, when I hit ENTER to start a new paragraph it sends the message. Any way to stop this? [44:23]
- With Teams Live Events, can I run channels as breakout rooms in the same way that I do in normal Teams? Some info on Live Events, but what you really want is the forthcoming Breakout Rooms capability [46:12]
You can watch the entire recording here:
If you would like to join one of these sessions as a panelist or to ask questions, you can find us live streaming on Facebook at 8am Pacific every Monday during this seemingly never-ending quarantine period.